A HAULIT Trailer is a great investment for anyone who regularly hauls and unloads sod. A HAULIT Trailer is a one of a kind all-in-one delivery system for the job, making it easy to move smaller quantities of sod quickly and easily. In this blog post, we will discuss how to use a Haulit Trailer to haul and unload sod. We will also provide tips on how to keep your sod deliveries profitable and successful!
Benefits of hauling and unloading sod with a HAULIT Trailer
Did you know that hauling and delivering sod was the primary reason the Haulit trailer was invented? Haulit trailers are very versatile and can be used for a variety of purposes. They are great for same-day deliveries, as they can easily unload pallets of sod with no hand labor or hand unloading required. Additionally, they are much cheaper than flat beds and fork lifts and have a low operating cost, making them an affordable option for businesses.
You’ll save time and money with the right size of trailer for the job! Hauling and unloading sod with a Haulit trailer frees up big equipment for the bigger jobs and helps you make more deliveries in a day. Customers often cannot transport heavy pallets of sod on their own and need delivery. Having a HAULIT trailer allows you to quickly and easily deliver these smaller orders, without having to wait for the big, expensive trucks to get to them.
How to use a HAULIT Trailer for hauling and unloading sod
When using a Haulit trailer to haul and unload sod, it is important to follow some basic tips to make the process smooth and easy!
- Make sure that the trailer is properly hitched to your vehicle and wiring hooked up securely.
- Load the sod onto the trailer, being careful not to overload it. You can use the remote to evenly load the pallets to prevent trailer sway.
- Tarp the load securely and close the safety gates.
- When you arrive at your destination, back the trailer up to the area where the sod will be unloaded and use the remote to tilt the bed and engage the conveyor floor to unload the sod.
- When the pallet hits the floor just a few inches do not continue to push the pallet off the trailer! Get in your vehicle and slowly pull forward. The weight from the pallet on the ground will allow you to pull away and out from under it.
- If you have multiple pallets to deliver, drive forward about 12 inches from your last pallet and repeat the steps of unloading until all pallets are unloaded.
- Use the remote again to tilt the bed back into its horizontal position, close the safety gates, latch securely and your sod will be safely unloaded!
How to keep your sod deliveries profitable
There are a few things you can do to make sure your sod deliveries are profitable. First, make sure you’re charging enough for delivery. With a lower operating cost, you can create more of a margin on your delivery fee. You should also consider offering discounts for larger orders, as this will encourage customers to order more. Additionally, it’s important to keep your trailer in good condition and regularly maintained so that it lasts for years to come!
By following these tips, you can easily and efficiently haul and unload sod with a Haulit Trailer. Hauling and unloading sod with a Haulit Trailer is an affordable, easy way to make deliveries quickly and without hand labor. With the quick and same day deliveries, you can make your smaller order deliveries successful and customers happy!
Thanks for reading!