The Haulit trailer was created to save time and maximize profits for anyone making palleted, bundled, or bulk material deliveries. What we didn’t know, when we first started delivering with the Haulit, was exactly how much. Here is a review of what we’ve learned over the years about just how much the Haulit trailer helps with delivery and why.
In the business of delivering goods or being able to supply goods, one of the best ways to maximize profits is obviously to boost revenue wherever you can. There’s a lot of factors that go into play in order to make that happen. Another option that is a little more controllable, is managing your delivery expenses.
The key to a profitable delivery and/or supplier business is cutting unnecessary costs, maintaining superior quality and maximizing profits. For smaller orders, the Haulit trailer helps in every area; here’s how.
Manage Your Delivery Expenses
It’s easy to look at your delivery operation as only one unit rather than a series of units with individual needs. In the daily grind of business, we tend to get in habits of doing things because they get the job done, and not necessarily because they are the most economical or profitable.
Large order deliveries have certain needs. Small order deliveries have certain needs. Manage your expenses by looking at the individual needs of your delivery operation- particularly the operation costs of your small and large orders.
The Haulit trailer doesn’t replace the need for your dump truck. It replaces the cost of running your dump truck when smaller orders are ordered and delivered. The Haulit doesn’t need to replace your straight truck with a piggy back or semi trailer and forklift. It replaces the cost and time that running those pieces of equipment takes on delivering your smaller orders.
If you’re anything like we were, we were using a dump truck for both large orders and small orders- because it’s what we had to use. For palletized material- we used a straight truck and a forklift. The operational cost for large orders made sense because we could charge more for the load. The operational cost for using that equipment on smaller orders ate up our profits and time every delivery.
Large equipment is made for large jobs. Keep your dump truck and big trucks running deliveries on your large orders. Quit using your large equipment by tying up your equipment and employee hours on the small orders that eat up your profits and are most likely costing you money.
Manage your expenses in your delivery operation by meeting the specific needs of your large orders and your small orders. The Haulit trailer helps manage expenses by meeting the needs of your smaller order deliveries.
Boost Your Revenue
Boost your revenue…. almost always easier said than done, right? Any business owner knows that in order to boost revenue in business, almost every facet of the business will need some adjusting and most everything takes time, money, and effort in order to get it done.
If you’re anything like we were, you either aren’t offering smaller orders because they don’t make you any money OR you aren’t doing very many of them because, again, they aren’t making you any money.
We realized we were missing out on the opportunity of what small orders had to offer. We needed a better way of getting deliveries to customers wanting smaller orders. Once we had a way of offering smaller orders that created a profit, we were able to boost revenue by 1- offering small orders and 2- doing them more frequently.
Boost your revenue by maximizing the opportunity on smaller orders. How do you know if there’s opportunity in smaller orders for you? Ask yourself these questions.
- How many requests for smaller orders do you get in a week?
- What would sales look like if you were able to offer small orders?
- What would sales look like if you were able to make a profit on smaller orders?
- What would sales look like if you increase your small orders?
- How would your customers or suppliers respond if you could offer small order delivery?
- Are you currently using large equipment for making your small orders?
Boost your revenue quickly by focusing on fixing these three areas of small order delivery
- Unnecessary Equipment
- Paid Labor
Decreasing the amount of time it takes to spend on a delivery allows you to make more deliveries in a day. Offering versatility in your delivery boosts revenue by meeting the needs of your customers. When your equipment can do the job for you, it eliminates the need for tying up unnecessary equipment on the job as well as eliminating the added costs of paid labor it takes to complete the job.
Meet the needs of your small order delivery demands and you will boost revenue to your business. The Haulit trailer was created for specifically capitalizing on profits on smaller order delivery.
Maintain Superior Quality
In business, cutting corners isn’t ideal. Superior quality to our customers is what keeps us in business. Cutting corners isn’t an option-unless it means being able to do something the easiest, cheapest, or fastest way and maintain superior quality.
Superior quality is created through the products we deliver, pricing and the customers experience through the process. Trying to get your smaller orders done at the expense of your larger equipment methods leaves no room for providing better pricing to your customers. You have to charge more for the delivery just to cover your costs and your customers are most likely having to wait longer for their items to be delivered.
What might your customers experience if they could receive their order quicker and at a better delivery rate? What might referrals and sales look like if your customers are happier?
Create more superior quality to your customers through pricing, the delivery experience, and creating strong customer relationships. Create superior quality to your employees and drivers by having the right trailer for the size of job.
The Haulit trailer helps provide a superior delivery experience for your customers. It has lower wait times, more availability, reduced delivery fee, and a convenient method for delivery!
Watch how it can unload right in the driveway HERE!
How about 5 in 1?
Every dollar in your deliveries matter! We consolidated 5 essential parts to successful deliveries into one piece of equipment for maximizing profits on smaller orders.
- Tongue Pull– Eliminates the need for CDL drivers, their added wage, and scheduling conflicts due to lack of drivers.
- No Forklift- Not having to use multiple pieces of equipment on a delivery free’s up equipment where it is needed and saves you the cost of running the extra equipment and employees to operate it.
- Tilt Bed/Dump– Provides versatility in your deliveries. If you’re going to offer small orders, you have to have equipment that provides versatility. The key is to keep your equipment for smaller orders running as much as they can. The tilt bed/dump feature allows the ability to offer smaller deliveries of versatile materials such as palleted, bundled, and bulk materials.
- Live Floor– is all about efficiency and saving time. Not having to unload a forklift to unload your load keeps delivery time to less than 5 minus vs the average time of 25-30 minutes. Having a remote control system that positions the load as well as unloads also keeps your pick up and deliveries efficient.
- No hand labor– Keep your employees safe and happy! Less workmans comp claims is always a benefit! Let the Haulit do the heavy lifting, the heavy unloading, and keep it running all day long. For the amount of time and physical labor it takes to hand unload a delivery, with the Haulit trailer, you can get the job of 2-3 men done with your trailer in less than 5 minutes while keeping your driver safe and happy!
The Haulit trailer was created to save time and maximize profits for anyone making palleted, bundled, or bulk material deliveries. Seizing the opportunity on smaller order potential and profitability is done in the way that you deliver.
Meet the needs of your large load and smaller loads by managing your expenses, boosting your revenue, and providing superior quality.
For the smaller orders, Haulit is here to help!
Questions? Let us help!
Find out if a Haulit trailer is a right fit for you with our No Contact Consultation.
See all Haulit trailer models HERE.
As always, Happy Haulin’ with Haulit.