If you’re like most truck owners, you’re truck is one of your biggest assets! With just a touch of an entrepreneurial spirit, there’s also great ways to make some serious money using it! In this blog post, we’ll discuss three different ways to make more money with your pickup truck: good, better and best ideas for serious cash. We’ll go over the pros and cons of each option so that you can make the best decision for yourself.
Whether you’re looking for a profitable side hustle or just want to find some new ways to make more money with your pickup, we’ve got you covered with ideas and honest things to consider.
Ideas for how to make more money with your pickup truck
- Moving Services – Advertise locally for moving services and make it work to your schedule.
- Delivery – food, furniture, garage sale items- the sky’s the limit!
- Towing – help tow for those who don’t have the right vehicle for the job
- Driving Others – Uber and Lyft are doing it- you can too! Join them or start something local!
- Snow Plowing – Put all that horsepower to use while keeping warm
- Rent it out – find a local app to rent your truck for parades, special events, vacation or day use for others
You’re using your truck and making income! You’re getting your name out there and offering much needed services!
There are several limitations to consider. You Are restricted by time and physical limits. You’re also restricted to the need and demand of others. Also, other risk is involved anytime you allow others to use your vehicle so insurance and compliance policies must be in place! Seasonal capabilities may also keep you limited.
- Construction Work – Help haul heavy loads
- Furniture Delivery – Contract locally to help get items delivered
- Hauling Jobs – Help haul what others can’t
- Advertising – Get paid for the moving billboard real estate on your vehicle!
These offer a wider range of contract work to keep you busy and doing less outreach. By advertising on the side of your truck you are making money just by driving around or keeping it parked!
You are still limited to time and physical abilities. You will need several contracts to keep things moving.
- Add a trailer to your business – expand what you can do by adding a trailer to your business.
The right size trailer and right kind of trailer can maximize anything you and your truck can do alone. Having a trailer that will haul and unload automatically like the Haulit Delivery Trailer can also save your back and keep you from getting injured! Others will take you and your business seriously when you make it serious.
No CDL Required- Just keep your loads in the proper weight limits
Less physical labor- an all in one delivery trailer will do the hard work for you.
You will need space to park your trailer.
The truth about how to make more money with your pickup truck
Anyone can make money with a pickup truck by picking things up on the side. There’s pro’s and cons to each are very individual. Depending on your need and availability, you can pick which works best for you.
If you’re serious about making more money with your pickup truck though, you will want to get a serious business going and consider the benefits of adding on a delivery trailer to your truck.
Haulit Trailers are built to solve your delivery challenges, simplify your business and increase your profits. Maximize your abilities with the right trailer for the job and your side hustle might just turn into your full time job!
For more info on how to start local delivery in your area with your pickup truck, read here